By donating to United Way, you're investing in the health, education, and financial stability of every person in our community. You're helping to build resilient communities, and providing financial stability to local vulnerable families.
We are a trusted brand:
For 52 years, River Valley United Way has been working to meet the needs of vulnerable families in the Arkansas River Valley. No matter the crisis, we have always remained steadfast to our commitment to LIVE UNITED and take care of our community. We are uniquely positioned to connect and support the people, non-profits, businesses, and government agencies working hard to address poverty.
We are part of United Way Worldwide, the largest privately-funded nonprofit in the world operating in more than 40 countries and territories.
We are mission-focused:
Our mission is ambitious, yet simple: Improve lives, strengthen communities, and advance equity by mobilizing the caring power of people across our region.
We are working hard to create a future where kids and families are free from poverty so they are free to reach their potential. Our priority is addressing the root causes of poverty and in doing so, we put racial equity at the center of our work because research shows that families of color face social and economic disparities that deter the progress of our community as a whole. By addressing these disparities we can disrupt the cycle of poverty and create a more equitable and inclusive region for all.
We are recognized for our efficiency and accountability:
We utilize your dollars to achieve maximum impact in the communities we serve:
What makes our impact approach unique is that we solve complex problems no one organization can solve alone. Leveraging our capacity as a convener and our trusted brand as an influencer, we partner with other nonprofit organizations to:
- Focus on Racial Equity: We address the root causes of poverty by putting racial equity at the center of our work.
- Implement Culturally-Appropriate Strategies: We elevate solutions that come from within communities of color and are the most effective.
- Apply a Data-Driven Approach: We are positioned to see across systems, jurisdictions, and organizations to evaluate what works and how we can most effectively support our community.
Our work involves providing kids and families with:
- Extra support to ensure kids, from birth to graduation, are better prepared for school, stay in school, and graduate to then enter college or the workforce ready to thrive and contribute to society.
- Access to basic needs like food, stable housing, and healthcare.
- Greater support in the community by activating volunteer connections.
Thanks to your support we are:
- Improving literacy rates in Pope, Johnson, and Yell Counties
- Preventing homelessness through programs addressing emergency financial needs
- Keeping senior citizens in their homes through companionship programs
- Providing scholarships to single parents to continue their education, graduate, and increase their lifelong earnings
Last year alone, we served over 38,000 individuals.
When you support River Valley United Way, you are helping to build a more resilient, equitable, and, inclusive region where all kids and families have the opportunities and resources to thrive.